Stone Restoration Technician
Set in Stone Restoration is currently seeking a stone restoration technician. We prefer experienced but will consider related experience.
Please use our contact form to submit your interest.
Join our team!
No experience necessary. Training provided!
Working With Us
Our team is built around the idea that anything worth doing is worth doing right. To that end, we empower and equip our technicians with the training necessary to become knowledgeable and skilled in stone and tile restoration and achieve excellent results. If you are interested in learning a highly specialized trade and becoming a valuable asset to a well-established, reputable company, you’ve come to the right place.
It is the responsibility of the Natural Stone Refinisher to perform restoration and refinishing to all natural stone floors, countertops, and walls. All duties are to be performed in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of Set in Stone Restoration
- Performs routine floor and surface refinishing activities such as cleaning, stripping, sealing, waxing, polishing, restoring, grinding etc. to all floors and surfaces assigned.
- Operates a variety of floor and surface care equipment.
- Exercises care in the use of hazardous cleaning chemicals, equipment and methods. Follows all safety guidelines.
- Notifies supervisor of needed maintenance in assigned areas.
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests and employees.
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management.
- Notifies Supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events or circumstances.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 18+ years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience with marble is a plus.
Commercial janitorial experience preferred but not needed.
- Working knowledge of refinishing equipment.
- Experience in multi-tasking of projects and project management.
- Must be able to function and act independently.
- Proven ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
- Ability to physically transport items weighing 60 pounds and under from one location to another.
- Ability to raise objects 60 pounds and under from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from one position to another.
- Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively (both written & oral) with people at all levels.
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively within established deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, nights, and holidays.